Below are the 2020 OPEA platform planks that have been approved by the OPEA Board of Directors to carry over to FY2021. The board approved the planks since there will be no OPEA annual convention this year due to COVID-19.
1. Market Based Pay Plan
2. Tie the state employee minimum wage to family of 4 vs family of 3
3. Require all state employees receive certain compensation for working “on-call”
4. Modify the frozen benefit allowance
5. Prevent loss of earned annual leave due to “use or lose” provision in state law and require payment for hours over limits
6. Merit System Reform and Preservation
7. Increase longevity pay by starting at $500 (vs $250) and increasing by $250 up to $2750 (vs $2000)
8. Increase the health benefit allowance for retirees from $105 to $150 per month
9. Placing at least one OPEA member on the OPERS Board through statuary requirements
10. Reform or elimination of the OPLAA and the institution of COLA triggers in OPERS rules based up on the Social Security Index or market parameters
11. Develop a new form of leave to be used specifically for time spent volunteering for charitable causes and organizations
12. Moving OPERS members hired after 2015 into the defined benefit system
13. Adding an additional form of administrative leave focused on physical wellness
14. Court Reporters salary tied to Judicial Compensation Review Board
OPEA members will vote whether to approve an additional three items as planks later in July.