The following is the exact language contained in House Bill 1024.
A. Effective July 1, 2018, all full-time and part-time officers and employees, including temporary and other limited-term employees, of the state who were employed by the state on the last working day of June 2018 shall be awarded an annualized salary increase equal to: 1. Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) for persons whose gross annual salary as of June 30, 2018, was Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000.00) or less; 2. One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) for persons whose gross annual salary as of June 30, 2018, was greater than Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000.00), but less than Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00); 3. One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) for persons whose gross annual salary as of June 30, 2018, was Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00) or greater, but less than Sixty Thousand Dollars ($60,000.00); and 4. Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($750.00) for persons whose gross annual salary as of June 30, 2018, was Sixty Thousand Dollars ($60,000.00) or greater.
B. As used in this section, “temporary and other limited-term employees” are those persons who: 1. Are not full-time or permanent employees; 2. Are not otherwise excluded by this section; and 3. Are compensated by an agency, board, commission or department or other employing entity for a limited duration and without any subjective expectation by either the employer or the employee that the employment will become permanent.
C. Except for those personnel specifically excluded from eligibility for any increase or advancement in salary pursuant to this section, the salary increase provided by this section shall be applicable to: 1. Employees of county health departments; 2. Employees of a conservation district; and 3. Employees of the George Nigh Rehabilitation Institute.
D. Employees eligible for the increase provided for in subsection A of this section who are on leave without pay on July 1, 2018, shall receive an annualized increase, effective upon their return to work, but shall not receive any increase for a period of time prior to their return to work.
E. Employees who leave the state service before July 1, 2018, and who are reinstated or reemployed in the state service during July 2018 without a break in service, who are otherwise eligible for the pay increase provided for in this section, shall be granted such raise effective immediately upon such reinstatement or reemployment. As used in this subsection, “break in service” is defined as a period of time in excess of thirty (30) calendar days between two periods of state employment.
F. The following officers and employees shall be ineligible for a pay increase pursuant to this section and nothing, except as otherwise provided by Section 840-2.17 of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes, shall be construed to authorize any increase or advancement of the salaries of:
1. Any elected official;
2. Any cabinet secretary whose salary is governed by Section 10.5 of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
3. Any agency director;
4. Any justice or judge whose salary is governed by the provisions of Title 85A of the Oklahoma Statutes or whose compensation is set by the Board on Judicial Compensation pursuant to Section 3.4 of Title 20 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
5. Any district attorney whose salary is governed by Section 215.30 of Title 19 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
6. Officers and employees of institutions under the administrative authority of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, except for officers and employees of the George Nigh Rehabilitation Institute;
7. Persons employed pursuant to Section 2241 of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
8. Persons employed pursuant to Section 1.6a of Title 53 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
9. Persons who are employed or under contract pursuant to subsection B of Section 1419 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes; and
10. The Adjutant General and Assistant Adjutants General pursuant to Section 27 of Title 44 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
G. No salary increase pursuant to this section shall be made that exceeds a salary limitation provided in an agency’s annual appropriation bill or salary limits set by statute. Classified employees eligible for the salary increase provided for in this section shall receive such increase even though it causes the employee’s salary to exceed the maximum for the employee’s pay band.
H. With respect to any employee who is not a full-time employee, the salary increase amounts otherwise authorized by subsection A of this section shall be prorated using a methodology applicable to the employee’s compensation, weeks worked, months worked, hours worked or similar method.
SECTION 2. The provisions of this act shall be contingent upon the enactment of the provisions of Enrolled House Bill No. 1010 of the 2nd Extraordinary Session of the 56th Oklahoma Legislature and shall not become operative as law otherwise.
SECTION 3. This act shall become effective July 1, 2018.