The OKLAHOMA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE is the political arm of OPEA and is a subsidiary body of the Association with its own trust agreement and board of trustees. It was established to educate OPEA members about candidates for public office, endorse candidates who support state employee concerns and raise funds that may be contributed to campaigns. When talking about OPEAPAC, four important points to remember are as follows:
- Every OPEA member may participate in OPEAPAC activities and is encouraged to do so.
- Contributions to OPEAPAC by members are strictly voluntary.
- By law, no OPEA funds may be used for political purposes.
- Contributions to OPEAPAC may be used to support endorsed candidates or to send Association representatives to political functions.
What does OPEAPAC do?
OPEAPAC has four main functions:
- To raise money.
- To help elect legislative candidates who support state employees.
- To educate OPEA members on legislative activities.
- To build strong allies in the state legislature.
Want to join OPEAPAC?
OPEA members may designate a portion ($2.25) of their monthly dues go to OPEAPAC at any time during their membership.